Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend

We all had a really great Thanksgiving. Hannah had the whole week off from school so we went to Austin on Tuesday and stayed until Saturday morning. My mom's birthday was on the 25th so we went out to eat at her favorite restaurant. It was really nice. (Sam didn't have a major fit so I consider dinner a success!)

Thursday morning Hannah & I baked cookies with every intention of decorating them by 2pm (when Thanksgiving dinner was going to be served). Unfortunately, between flat-ironing Hannah's hair, washing and drying mine, and making a broccoli and rice casserole, we ran out of time. Better luck next time. For Christmas we'll start earlier and have our baking done much sooner.

The rest of the day was awesome. My Aunt Yolanda and her family came over. Dinner was phenomenal. Along with my casserole we had my mom's famous stuffing, praline yams, Aunt Yolanda's green bean casserole, and smoked turkey. Everything was soooo tasty! Right after we ate we settled in for a long day of football. The Dallas Cowboys won, handily, and later in the evening the Texas Longhorns were victorious, as well. My Uncle Vicente made some t-shirts for us. They said, "Cook 'em Horns" and had a picture of the A&M mascot on a Thanksgiving platter. We changed into our Longhorn gear after the Cowboys game.

I have so much to be thankful for. God is so good. I have been blessed with an amazing family. My parents celebrated their 25th anniversary last week and it got me to thinking about how God sent Rudy (and then Claudia) into our lives to complete our family. I had always prayed for a little sister. I just knew God would make it happen for me. Now God has blessed me with my own little family. I couldn't ask for anything more. God has given me the desires of my heart.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: