We took them to Waikiki because honestly, we didn't know where anything else was. Scott went in the morning to go pick up our car from the port that it was shipped to, which was near Waikiki, so he knew how to get there, at least. So, we went to Ala Moana Beach Park, in Waikiki. As luck would have it, it was a great beach for the kids. There was plenty of sand to play with and they had a great time. Hannah wrote messages in the sand with a stick she found and Sam threw wet sand in the water. This has turned out to be one of his favorite pastimes...throwing sand. (It's a fine pastime when there aren't many people on the beach.)
Saturday we took the kids to Hickam Air Force Base. I had heard there was a nice beach on base so we bought a map and found it! (Exploring Hawaii is so much easier with a map... go figure!) It was a really nice beach. It was a much sunnier day but it was still a little too breezy for swim suits. This time Hannah and Sam put their feet in the water and they loved it! We had just bought some beach toys so they also made a sand castle. It was a really pretty day.
On Sunday we went with friend of Scott's and his family (wife and two boys) to try another beach. We ended up on a beach park on Oahu's East shore. It was a beautiful day so Hannah and Sam got to frolic in the water. They were so excited. I still thought it was a little breezy so I made them wear swim shirts so they wouldn't get too cold. I'm probably just gonna have to get used to them swimming when it's not 100° outside. In Texas that's when we would take the kids to the pool...when it got unbearably hot. Here it doesn't ever get that hot. I think the record high is 95° but it generally stays in the mid 80s during the summer on this island.
While we were there "Deucie" called so the kids got to talk to their grandparents for a little while. Mom said a cold front had just blown in so it was in the 40s over there. Brrr! I guess we won't be seeing any of that for a while!
Here's an album from our first weekend here...
![]() |


3 comments:
Hi Scott, Lauri, Hannah and Sam! I love you guys and it looks and sounds like you are having a wonderful time in your new home! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this,Lauri and for sending me the link.I will look forward to getting your blog posts and the pictures of the kids. Love Aunt Kristi
Omg they look so cute on the beach :) Looks like they love it there, and that makes me so happy and relieved. Sam looks hilarious in the picture where he's talking to Mom and Dad.
They look so cute together at the beach! I bet they love it. We will be sure to keep up with your blog.
Love, Kivi & Papa
Post a Comment