Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hannah's Surfing Camp

I know I haven't been updating this blog very much lately. I've been sooooo busy with my sister's wedding plans. The BIG DAY is in just two weeks! I'm so excited! I can't wait to see all of y'all that are coming. I'm still trying to put together videos of my recent trip back to Texas and a birthday tribute to Hannah. Hopefully those will be done one of these days...

In the meantime, I have a Smilebox of Hannah’s surfing camp. It was a week long romp in the ocean. Hannah was one of only three girls in the camp. She was also the youngest (and smallest). She didn't let that slow her down, though, and she had so much fun. She’s got a wicked tan now, too. The only thing was that her surfing instructor said that she was too small to “paddle out” by herself, because her arms could barely reach around the board, so she always went out tandem (with an instructor). I was actually glad because I was nervous about her going all the way out into the “deep blue” alone.

Sam had a good time during her camp, too. A few of the days, when we stayed to watch Hannah, he played on the beach and tried to catch a few waves of his own with his boogie board. I also packed picnic lunches and we ate in a little park area they have behind the sand. The other two days we went to run errands while Hannah surfed. Her camp was more than 4 hours a day and I could only take so much “fun in the sun.” Hannah & Sam can’t get enough, though.

Hannah’s going to Tennis Camp this week. I’ll be posting pictures of that this weekend, hopefully.

Aloha!
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Surf Camp 2009
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox

6 comments:

Deucie said...

OMG! That video is so awesome! My angel looks like an expert already. She looks great! That looks like so much fun!! She's so brave. Tell my angel that we're so proud. Tell her that I love her with my whole heart. She looks so tiny on that huge surf board. BTW, will Scott be able to bring that surf board home? The one u said some guy gave him?

Grandpa said...

Mija, this was awesome. Tell my " movie star" she did great and I am very proud of her. Tell her I love and miss her and that I will see her next week. I hope I will get to see her surf in person. I love you and I will see you soon.

said...

Yes, Scott's going to bring his "new" surf board back home with him. It has somebody's signature on it so Scott looked it up on-line and it's signed by some famous surfer dude. I forget who.

Yolanda said...

OMG, I've been trying to comment since this morning. I forgot my password so I had to re-join. Hannah is soooo cute and she really DOES look like an expert. I already showed the video off and bragged to all my coworkers. Lauri, it's nice to see you comment. Can't wait to see all of you.

Claudia said...

I'm so proud of my little girl! She's so brave. I can't wait for her to show off her skills when we get there. I love you! 9 more days!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauri,
Hannah is just as brave as you are. You have never been afraid to try anything and everything.
Love ya'll....MC