Easter morning I awoke to a cloud of "Eau de Sammy." He had just doused himself in the "Big Man" cologne Deucie sent him. She told him it was for special occasions only and surely Easter counts, right?
He was so excited that it was finally Easter. Ever since he and Hannah helped me fill the plastic eggs for our Easter Egg Hunt, he was dying to get into them. While we were filling the eggs, Hannah studied the ones that had money in them so she would know exactly which eggs to hunt for, without wasting her time on the ones with Double Bubble or Sweet Tarts. She also tried to memorize which eggs had the Hershey's Kisses and M&Ms. She's so funny!
We invited a few friends and some kids from the neighborhood to our house to go on an Easter egg hunt later that afternoon. We ate chili dogs, chips & queso, pasta salad, and brownies (and, of course, boiled eggs). When I was putting this slideshow together I realized I didn't take any pictures of my lovely eggs that I decorated. :(
The Hunt was a lot of fun. We let the little ones get a head start and then released the older kids about 30 seconds later. While Hannah hunted for the big money eggs, Sammy had his own tactic... run at top speed and gather up as many as possible. In the past, he would find an egg, open it, eat the candy, and then finally go get another egg. Not this year. He was on a mission. He knew exactly what goodies awaited him in those eggs and he couldn't wait until they were in his possession solely. He asked me to run and get him a bag to empty his basket into so he could fill up again. He emptied it twice and almost filled his basket a third time! He got loads and loads of candy, while Hannah ended up making almost $10! They were both thrilled.
It had been raining off & on all day and when I brought out the confetti eggs that I had slaved over, (BTW, I don't think they believe in confetti eggs here in Hawaii so I actually had to make my own confetti! Then I painstakingly decorated each one and stuffed them with my lovely, coordinating confetti) it started to rain again! To make a long story short (too late) we never got to crack the eggs. :( Oh well, at least we should have a bunch for next year.
Overall, it was a great day. I tried to really make it a point to explain to the kids why we celebrate Easter and what a glorious occassion it is. It still amazes me to think that Jesus died for us and is risen from the dead so we might have everlasting life! Happy Resurrection Day!
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Aw I loved your slideshow even if it was super short! Is that the shirt Mom bought Sammy? It's so cute! They both looked adorable as always. Who's baby was that? Is that Cene's? I'm glad they had fun and I'm sad I didn't get to see your lovely eggs!
That is the shirt Mom bought Sammy. That baby isn't Cene's. She belongs to the Paulinos. I don't know if I've mentioned them to you.
I know you said Happy Resurrection Day, and I am happy that Christ has made us free, but I was crying cause I was so happy to see the twerps. They look so happy and so healthy. thanks Mija for sharing these moments with us.
HE HAS RISEN!!
Lauri, I loved the music on the video. The kids looked like they had so much fun hunting Easter eggs....beautiful baskets.
Hannah's hair looked so straight.
Sammy is so cute. Love ya, :)
MC
PS: I cannot BELIEVE you made your own confetti crazy girl! LOL You are something else, Lauri. You should get paid for your lovely creations I'm telling you! I love you, Marta Estewart.
Awwwww, the babies look so happy and so beautiful. Thank you for being a great mom to my grandbabies and thank you for teaching them the true meaning of Easter. That is my greatest wish and prayer: that they will some day know without a doubt that Jesus is Lord! As always, I loved the video and the music. I'm so glad they had a good time.
Our Easter was pretty quiet and lonely without y'all. We miss you so much! XOXOXO
Hey, where did my picture go? Somebody stole it!!!
Are you still signing in with your e-mail address, Mom?
What a beautiful Easter! Your kids are so funny. We also had to make our own confetti and put the eggs together. I think it's a Texas thing.
MC, that's a MercyMe song, "I Would Die for You."
Mrs. Sanchez, I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one cutting little strips of paper!
Awwww that was such a sweet video. Hannah looked like a princess as always and Sammy's so cute on his mission.
Hey, you young ones, in the olden days we all had to cut our own confetti. We usually did it right after we walked miles uphill to school and uphill to come home. There was no downhill in those days. J/K. I'm actually a spring chicken and don't know anything about the olden days.
I was just telling your parents that you always have the "perfect music" with your slideshows. I love the pic with the rainbow, nice touch :)
Glad yall had a wonderful day.
Lauri, you young ones got it made these days, cause it's like Yolanda said, we had to make our confetti in the good ole days and we were lucky if we even made enough for one dozen shells.;(
We had to start saving egg shells 1 or 2 months before Easter.
Thanks for MercyMe.XOXOXOXO
That was so beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us. You are a wonderful Mother and we are so grateful for you and our beautiful grandchildren.
Love,
Mom & Dad
Post a Comment