I'm trying to think of a really good excuse as to why I haven't blogged lately. Hmmmm... nope, can't think of one. Sorry it took so long for me to post the following pictures. Now that Hannah and Sam BOTH like to play on the computer, nah... I shouldn't use that as an excuse, either. I've just simply gotten out of the habit of sitting down at my computer. I'm going to really try to make an effort to do better.
On that note, waaaay back in August my family came to visit! Claudia and Bobby stayed 10 days, and my parents stayed for two weeks. Unfortunately, the school year over here started on August 2nd, so Hannah had to miss a couple of our day trips to the beach. She hates missing school, so that was out of the question. We all still had a blast. It was so awesome to have them here. I wish they could've stayed longer. Two weeks went by in a flash.
Three or four days before the fam got here, Scott broke his ankle. He was running in the early morning with his Army peeps. It was raining and he twisted his ankle in a water-filled pothole in the street. The real bummer was that he couldn't go to the beach with us because his crutches didn't do so well in the sand. Plus, he was supposed to go surfing with Bobby during their stay. Unfortunately, he was unable to, so Bobby MADE ME take lessons with him. Let's just say it's not my bag. I can think of a hundred, no thousand, no- a MILLION things I'd rather be doing. Hannah makes it look so easy. For that matter, so did Bobby. He was catching waves left and right. Oy ve!
Besides the surfing debacle, I had a wonderful time with all of them. We rented a cabin right on the beach. The waves got pretty crazy at times. They kept knocking everybody down and beating us up. Claudia was smart and never put more than her toes in the water. We also rented a kayak and did that for a little while we stayed at the beach. Mostly we got to just relax and enjoy being with each other. The guys played poker almost every day 'til the wee hours of the night. Hannah and Sam had permanent smiles tatooted on their faces the whole time. Deucie & Grandpa took them to the movies, bowling, to play putt-putt, to ride on bumper boats, to Chuck E. Cheese's, etc.
I can't wait until we go home for Christmas. I miss them all so much.
Aloha and enjoy the video. These are the same pictures I used in the video, with a few more captions...
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
jmercado@austinisd.orgSuch beautiful memories. When I go to Hawaii, I always feel like I'm getting a taste of Paradise. I guess it's because I always feel extreme happiness and there's so much beauty all around.
We forgive you for taking so long to update your blog, my sweet girl. I'd rather you tend to my precious grandchildren any day than to post pictures. We love you so much.
I'm praying that you will have a wonderful time with your in-laws.
Thanks for the pics mija. They really make me miss you guys so much. I love Hawaii because you guys are there. I can hardly wait for Christmas to get here. I love you. Kiss and hug them babies for me.
I've been missing your posts. I love how everyone looks so happy in all these pictures. And thanks to Sammy, we get to see you too!! He's not taking foot shots anymore? lol. I can't wait to see y'all in Christmas. I love you!
Sammy is DEFINITELY still taking foot shots. Now he mostly just does his own. You wouldn't believe how many pictures of his feet that I have. I'll hand to send you some, Aunt Yolanda. :)
Man, I miss being there so much. I wish we ALL could live there together. And of course, your slide show brought me to tears--shocker! That was a pretty song, what was it? You always pick good ones. Love you so much sustah. Do what you gotta do! ;)
I love you, too. That song was "One Safe Place" by Marc Cohn. He's the guys that sings "Walking in Memphis." Remember that song?
Finally we get to see an update on your blog. Man! Hannah's hair is sooo long and beautiful. Little Sammy still looks the same, very handsome dude. It looks like grandpa was having as much fun as the kids on the bumper boats :)
The water looks so beautiful and so blue. Love y'all and can't wait to see you. MC
We can't wait to see y'all, MC. I hope I get a chance to join you at Bingo when we're in Texas. That sounds like fun!
Lauri, now we're pros at bingo. We are using sofisticated computers now. Paper one is too much for us to keep up with.LOL
You need to come with us some day.
MC
Post a Comment