Sunday, December 6, 2009

It’s definitely NOT snowing here!

I heard on the news that it snowed in Houston a couple of days ago. My mom said there were a few flurries in Austin, too. I can’t believe it! Scott was disappointed that he missed it because he loves snow.

Well, needless to say, it’s not snowing over here. In fact, Friday we went to the beach because Scott had the day off and it was beautiful outside. It was about 80-82° with a nice breeze. We went to White Plains Beach, where Hannah had her surfing lessons last summer. There were actually quite a few surfers there. Winter is supposed to be the best time to surf here. The waves, I guess, get bigger, or stronger… I’m not sure what makes it better.

Anyway, I made one of my famous short videos of our latest beach outing…

Here’s a YouTube link to see the same video full-screen:

Hannah & Sam @ White Plains Beach

Aloha!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sammy is hilarious! It was obvious he was just digging. LOL!

I saw a little bit of the Hawaii/Wisconsin game yesterday and was wishing we had that beautiful weather of yours. We are snowed in. Just kidding but it is way too cold for me.

Can't wait to see you!

Grandpa said...

I sure am missing them babies and that warm weather. Enjoy that warm weather all you can because it is very cold here. Janie probably thinks it is not that cold,but I do. See you very soon.

Claudia said...

"What? I'm just digging..."

He's hilarious. Thank you for posting this :) You made all of our days so much brighter by updating your blog! I saw Sammy's little white booty sneaking out of his trunks, lol. He's gotten so tan over there. Man, I would give anything to be there in shorts and flip flops than here in layers. My idea of cold is 60 degrees and this is ridonk!

Just a little over a week and y'all will be here! Woo-hoo! Love you sistah sistah :)

Deucie said...

First of all, snow is not all it's cracked up to be! I'd much rather be in Hawaii. The weather is real nasty today. It's just cold and drizzling; but no snow. I hope the weather is nice when y'all are here so my babies can have a good time.
My Sammy is just trying to have a little fun....just being a boy, I guess. And sweet Hannah's oblivious to his shenanigans. She's so innocent.
Is that the beach by all those hippy shops that I loved?
Sweetheat, Rudy and I get so happy to see our grandchildren in the videos. They are the best children in the world and they are very fortunate to have you. You're making beautiful memories with them.
----10 more days----

mrssanchez said...

So cute! I LOVE snow too. I'm always disappointed when it snows in TX and I'm, of course, out of state/country. It's supposed to snow up in the mountains this week so we might take a weekend trip to let the kids play. We'll see.

I wish we'd get to see you when you get to Tx this month but our leave period will probably fall when you guys are heading back to Hawaii...sooo... have a safe and wonderful trip home for Christmas. Have fun with the family and I hope the kiddies have a Christmas full of love and surprises. :)

said...

Thanks, Michelle! I hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas, too.

said...

Deucie, this beach is on the same coast as the shops you liked, it's just a little bit farther south. The waves aren't as crazy on the south side of the island.

BTW, I've already started packing!

Anonymous said...

Lol...Busted!! That was too cute!