Sunday, March 28, 2010

Deucie's Spring Break visit

As most of you already know, my mom came to visit us in Hawaii for two weeks. We had such a wonderful time. Between Hannah & Sam's almost daily swimming lessons and their weekly gym classes, we didn't have much time to do any touristy stuff. We did get to spend time together, which is the most important thing.

She came bearing gifts, as always. The kids got toys, movies, games, etc. and I got tortillas from H-E-B! There are NO good tortillas here in Hawaii and I was desperate for a good breakfast taco! Thank you sooooo much, Mom! Keep 'em coming! ;)

We loved having Mom stay with us. Hannah & Sam, especially, were in heaven. They slept with her the whole time and took turns hugging and kissing her all night, every night.

The two weeks seemed to just fly by. I wish she could've stayed longer, but I understand Dad needed her back in Texas. Hopefully, Dad will get to come back with her in August... We're all counting down.

9 comments:

Deucie said...

Off course, I'm crying remembering how happy we were. I had a great time just watching them and loving them. They're beautiful and they did appear just like a dream to me (the 2 weeks went by too quickly).

I remember the water was freezing!! I hope in August we'll be able to actually swim in the water.

My beautiful daughter, thanks for the lovely memories.

Grandpa said...

With Ducie's discribing and this video I actually feel like I was there. I loved this video. I only wish you had been in it too. August can't get soon enough for me. I love you.

Claudia said...

Everyone looks so beautiful and happy together. I love it. There is so much love in our family and I am so glad to be a part of it. You can tell that the babies make Mama so happy. They make all of us so happy. I can't wait to see all of you again. PS: Hannah is GORGEOUS!

mrssanchez said...

Gosh, that was beautiful. Really made me miss my mom. You guys have such a loving family. I hope you're all able to live closer together soon and at least get frequent visits until then. :)

said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

That was so beautiful. I am crying. We miss you all so much. We can't wait to visit.
Love, Mom & Dad

said...

We're looking forward to it, Kivi & Papa!

Darlene said...

I agree with Claudia, there is soooo much love. I'm glad yall had a great time. We are hoping to visit yall in October, this time Aaron will be able to join us <3

said...

Darlene, that would be awesome! Can't wait! As soon as you have dates in mind, let me know so maybe we can reserve a cabin on the beach for a couple of nights.