Saturday, March 27, 2010

No More Training Wheels!

Hannah learned how to ride her bike without training wheels a couple of months ago. Ever since then, Sam's been dying to learn how, also. Thursday, after swim lessons, he decided he was ready and asked Scott to take off the training wheels. It took maybe 1-2 minutes for him to get the hang of it and today (2 days later) he whips around on it like a pro! I'm so proud of my little athlete!

Speaking of little athletes, Hannah just tried out for the swim team, and made it! She is now on the 'Pearl Harbor Tsunamis' swim team. I'm so proud of her. It's a big commitment (because they practice Monday thru Friday for an hour a day) and she's so excited about it.

Also, Sammy is going to be in a Pee Wee basketball league this Spring. His first practice is on Saturday, April 10th. I'm sure I'll be taking lots of pictures so I'll be posting those soon. He's thrilled about it. He plays basketball in our driveway all the time and I think he'll really enjoy it.

And the last thing about extracurricular activities... Hannah and Sam have a Gym meet next Saturday. I wasn't going to register them for it because I figured they have enough on their plate, but both of them really want to participate. Sammy says he's gonna win a trophy or a medal, he's just sure of it. They're supposed to compete on the trampoline and on floor exercises (or something like that). Wish them luck!

Here's a short video of Sam and his bike without training wheels...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Sammy he's so brave. Funny I was just going to ask if that was the bike he got for his birthday. With all that determination, I'm sure he'll get that medal on Saturday. Tell Hannah we're so proud of her for making the swim team. I get so excited when you update your blog, doc.

Claudia said...

Aw I'm SO proud!! He's such a big boy! He is definitely making his Aunt Cai smile with pride over here just seeing how persistent he is and how he never ever gives up. You have some amazing kids, Lauri. I love how eager they are to try new things and take on any challenge. They're awesome and I know I'm repeating myself, but I am so proud to be their Aunt. They are the most beautiful babies in the whole world. I can't wait to see pictures of Hannah swimming with her swim team and Sammy playing basketball! Is it August yet?? I love you all so much!

Grandpa said...

Tell mijo that that was awesome. I am really proud of him and he picked it up pretty quick. Thanks Scott for keeping your word. You told me that they would both be riding without training wheels the next time I went to see you guys. I love it. Thanks mija for the video I really appreciate it. tell my movie star that I am proud of her making the swim team. Good job.

Deucie said...

Hannah and Sammy always look so big in your videos and then when I go see them, they are still my little babies. Your children are so courageous. I loved watching Hannah swim last week. She is a very graceful swimmer. And Sammy, I could tell he was a little scared at times, but he would still try to do what the teacher asked, while some of the other kids were crying. Please tell them I miss them very much already.

BTW, I tried the chicken fried chicken and it came out great, Marta. You are definitely a jack-of-all-traits, Doc. LOL

said...

LOL... Deucie, you said the kids always look big in videos but not in real life... remember that just in case I'm ever in any videos. It's just an illusion! Objects appear much bigger than they really are! ;)

Claudia said...

Why is everyone calling you Doc? lol

said...

Because I love Marlena from Days of Our Lives, duh! (J/K) It's because psychology is now something else I've added to my list of many talents which include... crafting, cookie- decorating, and unsolicited advice- giving. :D

Claudia said...

LOL Oh brother.

mrssanchez said...

Wow!! Your kids are awesome!! My soon to be 5 year old is barely getting a big boy bike for his birthday in a month! I can't wait to see more videos and pictures of your wonderful kiddos. They make me proud, even if I don't know them in person. :)

said...

Thanks, Michelle! I love seeing pictures and videos of your boys, too, on Facebook. They're adorable!

Anonymous said...

Go Sammy go! We are so proud of you. Sam reminds me of Scott when he was that age. There was nothing that could stop him. :)
Love, Mom & Dad