Wow... I hadn't realized it had been so long since my last blog post. I've been slacking! Actually, I've been planning for Hannah's birthday party. Even though her birthday isn't until July, we like to have her party before school lets out for summer vacation. Her party's in 3 weeks and I've been spending most of my time getting prepared for that.
Anyway, enough excuses... I put together a little slideshow of Sam playing in his Pee Wee Basketball league. He absolutely loves it. Before his first day, he said he wanted to buy a shirt with no arms just like the basketball players on TV wear. Unfortunately, Spurs jerseys are no where to be found for 4000 miles, so I bought him a plain jersey (he picked the color). On day one, they passed out team T-shirts, so that's what he wears now. He so looks forward to playing basketball and learning more about how to play. He's been watching the playoffs with Scott to see how the "Big Mans" do it.
In the video I also included Sam doing other various activities. I had a request from my sister to show him riding his bike to see how he's progressing, and I figured I'd throw in pictures of him climbing a rock wall and swimming, just for kicks.
He seems to have an endless supply of energy!
P.S. A disclaimer (mostly for my mother)- in the video clip of Sam jumping off the rock wall, I should mention there's a trampoline at the bottom. Also, Sam NEVER rides his bike without STRICT supervision. So don't worry, Mom, I'm making sure he doesn't get hit by a car or try anything too crazy. That's another reason he just rides between our house and our neighbors'... he's definitely not allowed out of my sight!
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
OMG! I was laughing so hard with the part where he's trying to look intimidating and working on defense. It's amazing how those babies can make me laugh and cry at the same time. He looks like he's having the time of his life! Lauri, thank you for updating your blog. I know you have 110 things to do but you find time to make our day. There's nothing quite as empty as my heart without those babies.
Man he is growing so fast. He looks so serious about his basketball. Thats a good thing. He rides his bike like a pro. Looks like he is going to be good at sports. I can not wait to write him a letter to tell him how proud I am of him. Be sure to tell him where his abilities come from and who to thank. I know you do but, just a reminder. Thanks Mija I needed that.
He looks sooo cute in his yellow shirt, and his shorts look so long it makes him look shorter. I was laughing because he looks so cute. There's a kid with blonde hair that looks so funny when they're lined up and they're moving their hands.
Yes Lauri, you are slacking with your blog. I keep checking it every day and nothing new. That was fun watching Sam play basketball. MC
He is sooo athletic! and really good! Love your blog. I've missed your updates. :)
God, I miss my babies so much, Lauri. This video made me so happy and so sad. I'm happy seeing my sweet little boy excel in so many sports (I'm so proud of him, he's amazing), and I'm sad because I'm missing all of it. I wish I could be there in person to be his biggest cheerleader and hug and kiss him. He's perfect. I loved watching him dribble and shoot, he's so good at it! He already looks like a pro. Your children are so precious and awesome. Everything they do makes me happy and proud to be their Aunt. I love y'all so very much. Our trip is less than 100 days away!
Post a Comment