Today Sam handed me a piece of notebook paper with a bunch of scribble on it and said, “Here, Mom. I wrote you a letter.” I asked him to read it to me and this is what he said… “Well, I wish Daddy was home from work. It taking too long.” As he was “reading” it, he pointed his little index finger on each “word” so as to not lose his place on the page. I just thought it was too cute and I had to share. Here’s a scanned copy of his “letter.”
BTW, today was also Sam’s first day of swimming lessons. It went OK… he wasn’t the biggest fan of putting his head underwater and, in fact, got out of the pool when he saw (from the other little boys) that it was time to do just that. He sat on the edge of the pool at first, hiding behind his hands. When he realized his teacher could still see him, he inched further and further away from the side of the pool and ended up practically along the fence!
He’s still excited about the lessons, though, and is eagerly anticipating tomorrow’s class. He told me, while he was taking a bath, that tomorrow he would stay in the pool the whole time. We’ll see…
I’m posting some snapshots from today. The first few are from before the start of the lesson. It was a beautiful day (about 80°) so I took a picture of the palm trees at the pool. I also took a picture of Sam all decked out in his new swim gear that Deucie and Grandpa bought for him while they were visiting. Then there’s a pic of him waiting for class to start with the other children in the class. At the start of class, each child picked out a toy they would be swimming with; Sam picked out a rubber duckie. You’ll see that duck in a few of the pictures, as well as Sam distancing himself from the pool towards the end of the album.
All in all, I still consider today a success because he’s willing to try it again. That’s all I could really hope for. I’d hate to have to force him to learn to swim because I think he really needs to, especially here in Hawaii where we frequent the beach. I’ll let you know how tomorrow goes!
Aloha!

12 comments:
I tell you, Sam has to be a poser, I know it. He always comes out good. I love the one where he's wearing sunglasses. By the way, thanks for the photo, I was waitin' for another one. But that's goodnuf, I certainly don't want you to get shot for my sake. But thanks again, good job.
OMG, he looks sooo cool with his shades like he's thinking "I'm the man". Tell him he is so brave. He really is because he's scared but he's trying it anyway. I'm glad you explained the one where he has his hands over his face because I thought he was crying. I would have been sad and I know Deucie would have been really, really upset.
He looks soooo cute in his sunglasses. I love that picture!
MC
Mijo may not know how to write, but he knows how to express himself well. I like the fact that he is willing to go back, eventhough I know he was very nervous. He is brave and willing to face it again. Thanks mija for taking him and you are correct he will need this very much. I love you guys.
Aww his letter! lol. He is so so cute. I love my little man so much. He always makes me laugh. I commented on specific pictures on facebook, but he looks adorable. I'm very proud of him for trying, that says a lot. He is such a good boy. Tell him that Aunt Cai says she's SO proud of him for learning how to swim! I love y'all :)
PS: Who's the first anonymous?
Uncle Jesse is the first Anonymous.
Hey, Clarabelle, the first anonymous is Jesse. I didn't figure it out until he started talking about the photo.
OMG Lauri. I can't believe we posted at the exact same second.
Lol, why is everyone incognito??
Aunt Yolanda, you know what they say... great minds think alike... and at the same time, too!
Awww, my handsome surfer boy. He's so cool! I'm still praying for God to send him a nice Christian girl because there are too many wild and crazy girls out there. I noticed your letter from him is so different than mine. Mine had a lot of circles and no lines. And mine said, "thank you for coming to my house." He is so smart!
Post a Comment