Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hanauma Bay

My mom & dad are here visiting us all this week. They arrived last weekend and will be here until Tuesday evening. It’s perfect timing because Hannah has the week off from school for Fall break so we’ve been able to just hang out and relax together.

Yesterday morning we went to Hanauma Bay. It’s a really beautiful place to snorkel where the water is so clear you really don’t even need a snorkel mask to see the fish. You can just stand in the water and look down to see all sorts of fish swimming around you. We bought Sam a really cool body board with a lookout hole built into it because he’s too young for snorkeling gear. We got to see all kinds of fish and even spotted a sea turtle!

It’s so wonderful having my parents around. I just love having them here… we all do. Hannah & Sam couldn’t be happier! I keep trying to convince Deucie & Grandpa to move to Hawaii now that they’re both “retired.”

Here are a few pictures that I took at Hanauma Bay.

Aloha!

6 comments:

mrssanchez said...

Oh, I love this place! I'm so glad your parents are there. I bet the kids are lovin' it. I loved all of the pictures... The first one cracked me up - looks like Deucie has quite a grip on Miss Hannah! Thanks for sharing!

Claudia said...

No ma'am! I can't stand to be away from my mommy :( She's not moving unless I come, too! lol

Aw the pictures were great. I really really miss it there, and miss you guys. I'm jealous because of the beautiful clear water and scenery and I'm jealous that my family is together without me there :( I actually had a dream last night that you came home early, like with Mom and Dad, and then Scott surprised you and brought the kids early, too. I didn't want to wake up. Thanks for posting! I'm glad Mom and Dad are getting a chance to relax and see the babies, they deserve that. I love you!

Anonymous said...

It looks so beautiful! I wish I were there. Janie, retirement agrees with you. You look good and you look so happy and like you have not one care in the world.

Hey, Clarabelle, maybe we can all move over there. LOL! J/K.

Can't wait to see you in December Lauri. I love you!

said...

I love you, too, Claudia & Miss Yolanda!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great. Deucie, Annette M. said you still looked the same as the last time she saw you. Enjoy your retirement. Everyone looks so happy...wish I was there with ya'll. Love, love,love.

Deucie said...

Lauri, I already miss my grandbabies so much. I don't know why I just need them in my life to complete me. I loved every minute I spent with y'all in Hawaii, but I hate the "goodbyes". Life is too short to spend it away from my loved ones.
Mary, tell Annette she is so kind to say that I look the same, especially since I haven't seen her for at least 10 years!!