Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Swimming Lessons

Today was day 2 of Sam’s swimming lessons. He did really well! He stayed in the water the whole time and was so good about listening to his teacher. I’m so proud of him. He even went on the water slide at the end of class! For the next couple of weeks Scott has to work the night shift so he was able to go with us to swimming lessons. Sam was a little bit apprehensive about the slide but Scott offered to walk up with him and Sam agreed to try it. I’m posting a picture of Sam & Scott at the top of the slide and then one of Sam when he landed in the pool. He’s such a “big man!”

Water Slide 1 Water Slide 2

 

 

 

 

 

 

It just occurred to me that I didn’t post a picture showing the size of the water slide.  My mom, especially, is probably picturing some hugeWater slide Schlitterbahn worthy slide so here’s a shot of the whole thing. It’s a pretty good size but the other little boys (there are 2 others) in the class have both tried it and, with Sam, now they all have! There are also two girls in the class but they have both declined the invitation to try the water slide. Pretty impressive, huh? I still can’t get over how brave he is.

Aloha!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!!! Hey, that may as well be a Schlitterbahn slide to me, I wouldn't be as brave as Sam!

Deucie said...

OMG! He jumped into the deep side? I can see it's 6ft! WOW! He is so courageous and I can tell he loves the water. He's going to make a great surfer! He's so tan, too. I can just see him hanging out at the North Shore.

Deucie said...

BTW, where is this pool again?

Claudia said...

I totally wouldn't have gone on that slide! He is VERY brave :) I knew he'd do well, he just had to 'test the waters' first ;)

He looks so tiny compared to that slide! I'm so proud :)

❀ said...

This pool is on the Navy base, Pearl Harbor. It's about 2 miles from our house.

Anonymous said...

DUDE, THAT KID IS AWESOME!