Tuesday, October 20, 2009

USS Arizona

While my parents were visiting us last week, we visited the USS Arizona memorial. The USS Arizona was one of the ships attacked on December 7, 1941 in Pearl Harbor. While many of the ships that were attacked that day were later repaired, the USS Arizona was never salvaged and remains on the floor of the harbor along with the 1177 soldiers that were on the ship when it sank. The memorial sits above the sunken ship and is one of the most visited attractions in Hawaii. I made a Smilebox photo album of that day.

Please pray for our troops that are still fighting for our freedom. Freedom isn't free.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: USS Arizona
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

8 comments:

Deucie said...

I love my country and this "Smilebox" made me cry.

Claudia said...

Shaky chin :( Of course, I cried. I wish we could have visited the USS Arizona when we went. It's so touching. God bless America.

PS: Hannah looked like a little model with the wind blowing in her hair and her perfect tan. She's so beautiful! I can't say it enough. And of course my Sammy looked ADORABLE, especially when he's telling you it's too windy :) I love you!

Deucie said...

Clarabelle, Rudy and I thought the guy on picture 24 and 25 was Bobby. We're so senile, we forgot that you and Bobby didn't go on this trip!!

Claudia said...

Don't feel senile, Mom, I totally thought that was him, too! LOL!

Grandpa said...

That was awesome mija. I guess you know that you made this old military man cry. It was a great honor to get to visit this awesome memorial. It is really a humbling feeling I got when we were there. What was Bobby doing there? ha ha

Anonymous said...

I just had to go back to see this again because I wanted to see Bobby. You guys are right. Clarabelle, are you sure that's not him? LOL! Did you two secretly follow your mom to Hawaii?

Anonymous said...

I never found Bobby.hee,hee.
MC

Claudia said...

Bobby said, "Hey, what AM I doing there??" LOL!

He said it's his stunt double ;)