The Bishop Museum opened at 9am. Scott wanted to be there right at opening because the first few hundred visitors got a free hot dog and drink and Scott didn't want to miss out on the freebies. ;) The museum had a lot of fun stuff outside and it was a beautiful day so it turned out great.
They had live music, which was nice. They also had booths set up where kids could make little Hawaiian crafts. Hannah and I went to one of those craft booths while Scott and Sam went to go claim their hot dogs. The craft we were making is called Lauhala. It's a weaving technique from dried palm leaves that has been used in Hawaii for hundreds of years. We made little stars. It was so cool! I got inspired to try and make little gift boxes for my sister's wedding favors. (I'll let you know how that goes.)
After the outdoor booths, we went to the regular exhibits inside. They had one building dedicated to Hawaii's history. Another building was for children and had a huge exhibit on animation. The final building was a planetarium. It was really interesting. Hannah & Sam loved it.
I made a really short Smilebox photo album with a few of our pictures...
![]() |
Sunday we went to the beach. Can you believe I forgot my camera!?!? We were a little bit rushed because we were going to meet some friends there and we got a slow start that morning. I guess that's why I forgot my trusty camera. Oh, well. I'm sure there'll be plenty more trips to the beach to photograph.
We all had a really great time. This morning Scott woke up wishing he had worn sunblock. He can't say I didn't warn him. I coated the children in it and put a little on myself. I offered it to him but he said he needed to get some sun. So far he's a nice shade of deep pink. He's hoping that'll turn into a tan. We'll see...
Aloha, everyone!


3 comments:
Wow the kids are so tan! They look like little natives already ;)
I wanna go to Hawaii already!!!
And I was laughing about Scott's lobster tan, lol. Poor Ellis and Salazar.
Mija, the babies look healthy and happy. I sure am glad they are getting to see what Hawaii is all about and it looks like fun. Tell Scott I like his shirt, it looks very local.
M'ija, you and Scott are such good parents. My sweet babies look so happy. It takes time to be an effective and good parent. It also takes time to expose them to good experiences. I'm so proud of you for taking the time to listen to them.
BTW, I love Sammy's shirt. Tell them I can't wait to see them.
Post a Comment