Friday, May 22, 2009

Look Ma, No Glasses!

Yesterday was Scott’s eye surgery. The doctor said it went really well. Thanks for all of your prayers. He has to wear protective contact lenses while he heals. He gets them removed on Tuesday. Scott says he can see but it’s like looking through foggy glasses (because of the contacts). He’s experiencing a little bit of pain but he says it’s not too bad.

Here are a couple of before & after pictures. The one on the left is his last meal (a breakfast sandwich) with his glasses on. The picture on the right was taken after the surgery.

BTW, I read your comments and fine, I’ll let him take it easy this weekend. We’re going to “Movies in the Park” tonight and the kids and I will probably end up doing something on our own this weekend (most likely go to the beach). Thanks for all of the good advice.

glasses

  noglasses

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Wow, Scott looks buff! Lol. I told you he looked like one of the X-Men! :)

I'm glad his eyes aren't hurting so bad anymore, Praise the Lord. Mom said, "Should he be going to the movies and straining his eyes??"

Lol. We also wanted to know when we're going to see pictures of YOU, Marta! Come on!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW!

I can tell that Nurse Deucie and I went to the same medical school. I was thinking the same thing about the movies. But, I guess I'll give him permission to go. LOL!

And yes Marta, we DO need to see pictures of you. Tell Hannah to take another one of you. She did a great job on your profile picture. You look great!

Deucie said...

WOW! Scott looks really different without glasses. Tell him he looks kinda mean! I'm scared of him!! And then with the hat, he really looks like you better not mess with him!

We got the invitations. Thank you very much, M'ija.