Hannah had the day off from school yesterday. I think they were having some kind of teacher/staff work day. Anyway, guess what we did… we went to the beach! I invited a friend and her sons to go with us.
We took a cooler and we had a little picnic on the beach after the kids tired themselves out, which took a few hours. (Don’t worry, Mom, I slathered on the sunblock. I even reapplied twice, about after every hour, or so.) Hannah and Sam (as well as both the other boys) crashed out in the car on the way home.
I thought for sure they got the beach out of their system for at least a few days, right? Well, bright and early this morning, when we were walking Hannah to school, Sam said to me, “Mom, it’s a hot summer day. Let’s go to the beach!” I usually try to vacuum out the sand from the last beach visit before we go back. I may have to forget about that and just buy seat covers like everyone else here on the island.
BTW, Hannah has been talking about learning to surf since the day we told her we were moving to Hawaii. Yesterday I signed her up for a “Surfing Camp” for this summer. She’s so excited. I should have some pretty good pictures in a couple of months.
Hang Ten!![]()

5 comments:
Mija, I am glad them babies like the beach, thats good. Iam glad Hannah is going to learn to surf. I know Sam won't be far behind. I had an interview today with Unisys. I really do not care if they hire me or not. I will send you a few pics of my truck and of the shower doors so you can see how they look.
I can't believe my babies have grown so much! I'm beginning to think I won't be able to carry Sammy in my arms anymore. He looks so muscular. I sure hope I can still pick him up!
M'ija, thank you for all the beautiful pictures on your blog. It's so lonely here without y'all. Seeing them happy with their beautiful smiles always make me feel better. Hannah is going to be an awesome surfer. I can just see her now. Give them all my love
Hannah is so brave! I can't wait to see pictures of her in the surfing camp. Looks like they're both crazy about the beach. Give them hugs and kisses from me. Love you!
Aw I love these pics! They make my day. I wish I could squeeze and kiss them. I can't wait until August!
Hannah is such a trooper! Please tell her that Kivi and Papa said she will be a great surfer. Tell her Papa was surfer is his younger days! :)
They look so happy!
Post a Comment