Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What time is it?… Potty Time!!!

 

For three days in a row Sammy hasn’t pooped in his Pull-Ups! He’s been pooping in the potty! Woo Hoo! I’m so excited! We’re so proud of him! I had tried bribing him with candy but that never worked. Then I tried bribing him with a trip to his favorite place…Chuck E. Cheese’s. For a while that didn’t seem to work either.

Then a couple of nights ago I put him to bed at around 9pm. He got back out of bed a couple of minutes later and came back downstairs (this is a daily occurrence). This time he said, “Mom, my poop ‘bout to come out.” I ran like the wind to get his potty. He has NEVER told me before when he had to go poop. I frantically ripped off his pajamas and pamper and sat him down on his potty. He sat there for a while and eventually peed. I was proud of him for doing that, too, because he has never been the one to initiate the potty sequence. I usually have to put him on the potty and sometimes it’s a success, sometimes it’s not. I applauded him and said, “You ready to go to bed now?” He replied, “No, my poop ‘bout to come out.” So he sat there for another minute or two and…Ta Da! He did it! He actually pooped. Immediately after he finished he said, “Now I can go to Chuck E. Cheese’s!”

Yesterday Sam & I went to Chuck E. Cheese’s while Hannah was at school. He said he couldn’t wait for her to come home from school so we had to go without her. We were there for three hours! (Aaaahhhh!) He had a great time, though, and that’s all that matters.

So far, Monday, yesterday, and today he’s told me when he has to poop so hopefully he’ll be wearing his “big boy” underwear soon!

Thank you, Jesus! Miracles do happen!  : )

6 comments:

Claudia said...

O-M-G he did it!!!!!!! I am so so so proud of my baby!! He's such a big boy now :(

I was literally laughing out loud when he was talking, he is so darn cute, I can't wait to hug and kiss him and congratulate him! Yay! I love him and I love you too!

mrssanchez said...

OMGoodness I LOVED the video. How creative! and Sam is SO funny and adorable! I know I've never met him, but I'm proud too!
~Michelle, Claudia's friend :)

Grandpa said...

Tell Mijo I am proud that he is on his way to being a real man of the world. I was helping Mom get her room empty and we were just talking about you guys and that we hope that you can come to Texas soon. I am praying for it. God is good. tell him that Grandpa is very very proud of his accomplishment.

Deucie said...

Finally!!!!!! Hallelujah indeed!!
WOW! I never thought it would happen! I must admit, I was beginning to get a little worried!
Rudy and I want to know why our future quarterback is throwing with his left hand? Is there any way you can encourage him to throw with the right? The little man looks so tan now! He looks real bronze. I think you should take him to Chuckie Cheese everyday. You can use our bank account for the wedding.

Anonymous said...

Why is my son pooping on the internet?!?!?!

Claudia said...

I totally put this on my facebook for everyone to see by the way! :)