Monday, September 21, 2009

Gifted and Talented

Here's the portion of my blog where I brag about my child so prepare yourselves...

Hannah got accepted into the Gifted and Talented program at her school. They offer it from 3rd-6th grades (she's in 3rd) and you have to be nominated by a teacher. A couple of weeks ago I received a letter home saying that she was nominated and they requested my permission to test her to see if she was eligible. I gave my permission and about a week later I received another letter home saying she scored above the 90th percentile in all areas so she was, in fact, eligible.

Last week was the first week they actually met together. There are 4 students (including her) from Hannah's class that made it into the program. They meet three times a week for a total of about 5 hours. Hannah said they film school news that ends up being broadcasted school wide every week. She loves it! I'm so glad she's getting more individualized attention at school because the class sizes are so large here (about 30 students).

I'm so proud of my little baby, I mean big girl! She has always done well in school and takes it very seriously. She's so mature that way.

I guess that's enough bragging for today.

Aloha!

9 comments:

mrssanchez said...

Wow!! How awesome! Brag all you want, she's one smart girl! :)

Deucie said...

You've got a very talented and mature little girl because you're a wonderful mom. You never nag or scold your children. I notice you just discipline them in a loving way by giving them choices and therefore you don't stifle their creativity or expression. You always make the teachable moments fun. You make me very proud. I love you, m'ija.

said...

Mom, you gave me a shaky chin with that comment!

darlene said...

aww. that's wonderful! tell hannah we are proud of her. (your mom said it all:)

Grandpa said...

Mija, I ditto what mom said. Tell 'my movie star" that I am proud of her.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how cute! We're so proud! You should ask them for a tape of one of her broadcasts so you can post it. I'm with Mrs. Sanchez, brag all you want.

said...

That's a good idea, Aunt Yolanda! I'll ask at Hannah's Parent/Teacher conference next month.

Claudia said...

I would've commented the second you posted this but I've been bit by the flu bug :/

I am so so proud of her. She's so much like you. That is so cute that's she's broadcasting, I would love to see her in action. Tell her that Cai is so proud to say she's my niece. Uncle Bobby says he's very proud, too! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes. You must brag all you want. She is a lot like her mama in so many ways. MC