Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Pumpkin Patch

Hannah, Sam, & I went to a pumpkin patch recently to pick out our pumpkin. (Scott was working.) It was a pretty neat little farm. They offered hay rides, pony rides, a petting zoo, concessions, small carnival rides, and, of course, fresh produce and pumpkins.

Hannah & Sam had a really good time. They went on all of the rides (several times) and thoroughly enjoyed the concession stand! By the time we went to pick a pumpkin, we had already been there a few hours so I didn't mind that the pumpkin Sam picked out was a little bumpy and half green. I was ready to get back into the nice cool A/C in my car. (It was about 85°, which isn't that hot, but the farm is located on a side of the island that doesn't get much of a breeze and I was ready to call it a day. It's amazing how quickly I've forgotten about the 100+ temperatures I used to have to deal with in Texas!)

Hopefully I'll be posting pictures of the kids in their costumes soon. In the meantime, here's a Smilebox with their adventures at Aloun Farms (the pumpkin patch).

Aloha!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Aloun Farms
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

3 comments:

mrssanchez said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I particularly enjoyed the ones of them on the swing-type ride where they looked so lovingly at each other. Can't wait for the costume pics!

Deucie said...

Awwww, they look so happy together. It seems like they're always on vacation. I wish I was there with y'all. We miss you so much. 44 more days!!!
M'ija, thank you for the beautiful email.

Claudia said...

Aw finally pictures of my babies! My little Sammy looks so handsome and Hannah looks like an exotic little princess. My niece and nephew are such beautiful babies. They are so sweet together. I miss them very very much. Just gotta get through November and then you're here!