We went to the Aloha State Fair yesterday. It was a
beautiful day-perfect weather for being at the carnival! Hannah & Scott rode all kinds of crazy rides while Sam & I stuck to the tame ones. Hannah also rode a bunch of "kiddie rides" with Sam, most of them over and over. While Hannah & Scott rode some of the "big kid" rides, Sam and I went to the petting zoo and the "Ag-Ventureland" area where they had a fake cow to milk, a huge vat of dry beans to play in, pedal tractors to ride around on, and other fun stuff.
Everyone had a really great time and Scott said it was probably his favorite Father's Day so far. He had been wanting to ride carnival rides since the last time we went to the Texas State Fair over a year ago.
Well, I better get to some house work. I usually take the weekends off so, come Monday, the house could definitely use some work.
Aloha!
8 comments:
I love the scrapbook on smilebox. How cool. I'm glad you all had a fun weekend. Oh, and you have the cutest clothes for your Sam! Where do you shop? Local stores?
There are a ton of those kinds of shirts around here but that one was from Gap. I frequent the sale rack there.
Gosh, I feel like the kids have changed so much :( It's probably all in my head, but they look older & bigger already.
I'm glad they had a great day with you guys. Looks like fun :)
Hannah is so brave to ride all those rides with Scott. I agree with Claudia. It looks like the kids are getting so big and I'm afraid that Rudy and I won't be able to carry 'em anymore. I better start lifting weights!! I don't care how big they get, I'm still gonna carry my babies!! Is that State Fair open all year round? I'm glad to see Ill Will is wearing his Father's Day shirt, right?
Actually, Father's Day was the last day of the State Fair. I think it started Memorial Day weekend.
LOL at the "Ill Will" reference. Scott's gonna love that. He's crazy about his new Father's Day shirts. That's the second time he's worn that one and he's worn the other one once. They both fit him really nicely. Thanks!
BTW Mom, did you notice Hannah has on the earrings you bought her a looonnng time ago? She finally let me try to put earrings on her the other day and she doesn't need to get them repierced, like I had thought. She was scared to try earrings again since that time her ear got infected. That was almost 2 whole years ago!
Mija, the babies look very healthy. I think Hawaii agrees with them. That fair looks like fun. I am glad you have places to take them to have fun. I know Scott likes those wild rides. You used to like them too. I guess Hannah is the new wild ride junkie.
I used to love those crazy rides... now that I'm older I have more sense! I don't know what's Scott's excuse! ;)
I keep thinking about all the things that could go wrong. Those carnival rides are put up and taken down so many times that there's no telling how worn out they are. Don't worry, I don't want to let my babies ride, either, I just don't want them to be afraid of trying new things so I let them ride. I just smile and pray the whole time!
That was a great breakfast, Marta....what a cook! MC.
Post a Comment