Today was Hannah’s birthday party at the ice skating rink. Everything went great! Hannah had a great time and all of her little friends were so nice. We all had fun! I’ll be posting more on that soon… I’m going to make a little video about it in the next couple of days.
First thing’s first, though… I just have to post a snapshot of the cookies I made for Hannah’s party. Not to brag but, I think they came out pretty cute. They were a big hit at the party. The only problem is a few of them broke in transit. I blame Scott’s driving for that. ; ) We still had plenty for everyone.
I also made her birthday cake. It didn’t come out quite as I had envisioned it. For some reason, I had major issues drawing the ice skates on the cake. (First I couldn’t get them centered, then one was bigger than the other, etc.)Last night, or should I say very early this morning, I decided it was good enough and called it quits. Hannah said she loved it and that’s all that matters, right? All she had asked for was a chocolate and vanilla cake so I made a three layer cake, the vanilla layer was sandwiched between two chocolate layers. Her only other request was that it be her favorite color, purple. As long as those criteria were met, she would have been happy with anything, I suspect.
Check back in a couple of days for her birthday tribute!
Aloha!

7 comments:
OMG! Those treat bags look like they came straight out of a Martha Stewart Living magazine. I know what you're thinking, "Well, they better!"
M'ija, you're making some beautiful memories for your children. When they grow up (as they so quickly do), they will always have these memories of their days at home. You're a great mom. I love you so much.
Wow!! Bobby and I were just admiring your creations "oooo"-ing & "ahh"-ing. Both the cake and the cookies were beautiful & I agree with Mom, you're giving your babies the best memories. They're so blessed to have you. *shaky chin*
I wish I could've seen Hannah's face when she saw her cake. I miss my family :( But I'm glad she had a great day and that it was a success. I love you more than you'll ever know, sissy.
Wow! I'm sooo impressed. You are an awesome mom. The cake & cookies look absolutely delicious. I can't wait for the video!
Love it, just love it. I wish i were creative. You did a great job Lauri.
Marta, you're the best. They don't call you Martestewart for nothing,hee,hee. Los squinkles are very lucky to have you.
Who are you, Anonymous???
Mary C. is the last anonymous. I bet Lauri knows who i am when I say, "sqinkles."
Post a Comment