Friday, April 3, 2009

Bellows Air Force Station

Yesterday we tried out a beach we had never been to. I had been asking "the locals" which beaches are the best and one of the ones mentioned was Bellows. It used to be an operating air field (and was attacked during the Pearl Harbor attack) but now it's used just for training and recreation. It's located in the town of Waimanalo, which is on the windward side of the island (the eastern shore).

It was so beautiful! I don't think the pictures do it justice. The water is so blue and the sand is so unbelievably fine. Hannah kept commenting on how soft the sand was. They had such a good time playing in the sand and chasing birds. I promised them I'd take them back today. It's Hannah's last day of Spring Break and that's where she said she wants to go.

I saw online that they have cabins right on the beach for military families. I tried to reserve one for the weekend but they're booked until the end of May. I'm gonna try to get one for a few nights this summer. I think we'd all have a great time.

When y'all visit I'll be sure to take you there!

Aloha!

BTW, there's a short video clip on one of the album pages. It was pretty breezy outside so there's a lot of wind noise. You might want to turn your volume down a bit before you click on it.
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Fun on the Beach
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hannah, you look so beautiful in your colorful bathing suit. Sammy, you make nice castles. Thanks Lauri. You must get someone to snap you and Scott's picture too. (The beach looks so peaceful.) Love you.

Granpa said...

This the way I pictured the kids would look going to the beach all the time. That is very pretty beach. The twerps look great. i love you.

Deucie said...

Wow! That beach is beautiful! The sand looks like sugar! I can't believe my babies are already growing and changing. I wish y'all were still here, but I understand now that things can't stay the same forever. I'm so glad my babies are in a place where they can experience so many things and absorb many lessons. Please give them a big hug.

Anonymous said...

That video was wonderful! He did it all by himself! Hannah looks so beautiful. We love your blog and how we get to see the kids growing up. Sounds like you are having fun meeting new people. Please give everyone a big hug and kiss from Kivi and Papa.

Claudia said...

Oh my goodness Sammy had me cracking up! "All by myself!" Haha, I love that silly boy so much. And Hannah looks beautiful as always. You make the prettiest babies, sistah. I miss you guys. I'm glad your shindig went well, I knew it would. I wanna see pics of the house!!