Hannah brought home her school picture today. Luckily, the very week she started school was the week they had their pictures taken. Because of that, she'll still be able to be in the yearbook. She was excited about that. This picture was taken on a Friday, which is a uniform-free day. You can wear whatever, pretty much, which is why she's not wearing the bright blue uniform. I asked her why she took her glasses off and she said a classmate told her to. I asked her if she knew why and she replied, "Her mom always makes her take her glasses off for pictures and she didn't want me to get in trouble for leaving mine on."
It's pretty late and I need to get to bed. Tomorrow's gonna be a day full of errands to run. We decided to host our own Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday and invite all the people we know that have children. I don't want Hannah & Sam to be hunting for eggs all by themselves. The Army is sponsoring an egg hunt on Saturday (and we'll probably go to that) but I want to keep the Easter tradition and have one on Sunday after church. We'll probably just have hot dogs and chips, to keep it simple, but I still have to buy plastic eggs, candy & trinkets to fill the eggs, real eggs for decorating and hard-boiling, and possibly eggs to make cascarones (confetti eggs). I've noticed they don't sell confetti eggs here like they do in Texas. You have to make them the old-fashioned way.
Wish me luck!

7 comments:
Lauri, you are so brave to host the Easter egg hunt all by yourself. I'm sure you will do just fine! I can just see all the fancy artwork on your eggs. That's why we call you Marta Estewart! Tell Hannah she looks SOOOO SOOOO beautiful!!!
Mija. My movie star looks so beautiful. I really like her picture. Love Dad
Man!! I miss you guys so much! Sure wish we were there to join your Easter egg hunt!! Hope you all have a wonderful Easter! Love you guys!
Wish we were all hunting eggs together, but I know you will have a blast with all the other families. Have a very Happy Easter.
Love, Kivi & Papa
I remember how much fun I had growing up with other Military families , especially on Holidays! You will have fun. We love and miss you all.
Love, Kivi & Papa
My sweet little angel looks so beautiful! I miss her so much. Y'all have a wonderful Easter. I sent the babies some Easter eggs. I don't know if you'll get them on time, but I hope they enjoy them. There's no candy in the eggs. I just put some interesting little trinkets that I thought they'd enjoy. I love you and miss you, M'ija.
Aw my baby is such a beautiful girl. I got misty eyed when we received her picture in the mail. I miss her little face. I was wondering why she didn't have her glasses on, too, lol.
Post a Comment