Yesterday, April 15th, we went to a Tea Party at the Hawaii State Capitol. I don’t know how many of you heard of these tea parties that took place across the nation on Tax Day, but basically it was an “Enough is Enough” cry to the politicians that just can not control themselves when it comes taxing and spending.
There were so many funny signs there. I took pictures of a couple of my favorites.
I just thought it was important to be there and to take Hannah & Sam. I want them to see that we are a government of the people, and if we the people are dissatisfied, it’s imperative to let our voices be heard. They actually had a really good time. There were a couple of local musicians that performed and it was a pretty festive atmosphere filled with chants of “USA! USA! USA!” Afterwards, I had a long talk with them about our country being a free country, how privileged we are to live here in the greatest nation in the world, and the importance of fighting for what you believe in. I hope it made a lasting impression.
God Bless America!

3 comments:
You go mija, i am proud of you and the babies. We went to San Antonio to see Glen Beck, and it was hot and crowded. I am glad we went though. Love you.
That picture of Sam is so cute, Lauri. I miss the kids so much. You're such a good mom. I'm so proud of you for teaching them about something so important. I love you.
Sammy's sign is so cute! You're such a good mom, M'ija. I'm glad you're teaching them to get involved and stand up for what they believe in.
Post a Comment