Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Grandpa!

IMG_5668

Yesterday was my dad’s birthday and I was feeling extra homesick. I wanted so badly to be back in Texas with my family. IMG_5673 In honor of my great state, I made Texas shaped waffles before church. Hannah and Sam got a kick out of them. happybirthday

 

After church we went to Chuck E. Cheese’s and on the way home we stopped by Ford Island (near Pearl Harbor) and walked around a bit.

I love you, Dad! I wish we were there. Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Deucie said...

Sweetheart, we miss you and your beautiful family, too. It just didn't seem right without y'all. We went to Red Lobster after church, but everything reminded us of y'all. Your babies have stolen our hearts and no one else can fill that void.
Your waffles looked so good! Now you're gonna have to make us some when we go in August.

Anonymous said...

OMG, am I the only one that thinks Sammy looks so grown up? He looks SO grown up - especially in the one where he's with Hannah. He looks like he's thinking, "OK chickadee, if you must place your arm on me. go ahead but I'm posing!"
Well, you know we miss you all too!!

Grandpa said...

Hey Babies, those pancakes look very good, I wish I could have been there to eat one of them. Mija, don't feel like the lone ranger I was missing you guys at the beginning of Rudy Palooza. I love you guys and I miss you.

darlene said...

Hi Lauri, its so true. We missed you and the kiddos on Rudy's Birthday. Hannah and Sam are getting so big.
Hope to see yall soon.
Take Care

Claudia said...

Ditto to what Mom said, it was hard not having you guys there. My heart hurt that day. And I totally agree with Aunt Yolanda about Sam's grown up pics! He looks hilarious with Hannah standing like a man. They are too cute.