My goal was to be done unpacking by the end of this week and guess what, all ye of little faith... I'm done! Hallelujah! We moved in a little over two weeks ago and I'm finally done! I never thought this day would come.
I had a lot of motivation because Scott had been bugging me to have people over to have a cookout. (He's passionate about grilling.) So, we invited a couple of his friends for a little get together. Scott's Army friend, Gilberto, and his family (wife & two sons) came over as well as one of Scott's single friends, Peter. Scott fired up the grill and made steaks and chicken and I was in charge of the sides. It went really well. It's nice to know another mom here on the island.
Samuel had a great time with their two year old son. They took turns driving his little Hummer (it's one of those battery operated Power Wheels). They also threw balls at eachother, played with matchbox cars, watched the guys outside man the grill, and other manly stuff. Sam was just so excited to have his own friend over. Hannah has made a couple of friends her age on our block. They come over and play in the yard or at the playscape and, even though they don't mind if Sam plays with them, they're usually not doing something he's interested in. They'll pick flowers and make necklaces out of them or try to replant fallen flowers in a patch of dirt. Sam has been hungry for a friend his own age and one that shares his interests. You know, interests like jumping off of things, crashing objects, running non-stop, destroying floral necklaces, etc. Those two boys were two peas in a pod. They wore each other out, though, and by 8pm Samuel was fast asleep. Gilberto's wife, Melissa, and I vowed to get together again soon with just us and the kids so they can play again.
Speaking of fast asleep, I better get some zzzzzzs myself. It's been a long day and we gotta get up early for church tomorrow.
Good night!
I know what you're thinking, "What? No pictures?" Don't worry, I'll be posting some more soon, I'm sure.
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, "Where are the pictures???" You got us addicted now. I'm glad you all had a fun day.
OMG, your another Martha Stewart!
Your so talented! Your kids are beautiful.
Post a Comment