Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Party Girl

On Saturday, April 12th, Hannah attended her first party here in Hawaii. One of her classmatesparty invited her to his 8th birthday party. The party took place at the Naval Community Center just down the street from where we live.IMG_5489 

 

 

 

 

 

I was so happy to see Hannah playing with her new friends. When she received the invitation it said the party was for Nathan. I asked her, “Is Nathan nice?” She replied, “I don’t know who that is, but I still want to go to his party.” I was so nervous for her because I thought, “Man, she still doesn’t even really know her classmates and she’s gonna be at a party with them trying to play games with strangers.” Right when we got there I heard a couple of children say to each other, “Hannah W. just got here!” That made me feel so much better. I thought, “Well, she may not know the birthday boy but at least she knows a few kids here.” (It turns out she does know him. She said at school he goes by Elijah. That must be his first name, or something.)

Hannah had a great time at the party. They played on the playscape for a while. Then they ate hot dogs, had an Easter egg hunt, played a few games, and, of course, had lots of cake. (Hannah even made sure her little brother got a piece!)

Aloha!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute outfit! Tell Hannah she always looks like a little princess. Love you all and can't wait to see you!!

granpa said...

I am glad my "movie star" had a great time. Tell her she is still the prettiest girl in the world.

Claudia said...

Hannah looks gorgeous! I love that dress. I'm so glad she has friends. I knew she'd make friends fast, she's such a sweet baby. Give her a big hug for me.

Deucie said...

I like Hannah's Hawaian dress. She looks like she's having fun with her new friends. Has she written to her friends and teacher from Belton? I'm sure they would like hearing about her new school in Hawaii..