It was soooooo beautiful there! It was directly on the water. It had a 2 bedroom main house and two one bedroom "bungalows" in a separate house. Each little bungalow had a full bath and kitchen. It was so peaceful there. The sound of the waves was so calming!
They also had a private lagoon by the main house. It was full of sand during the low tide and during the high tide everyday it filled with water. Hannah and Sam loved it because it was a safe little swimming area for them that was much calmer than the waves in the ocean.
Sam was able to stay with my mom & dad the entire week and he enjoyed every last minute of it. Hannah had her first week of school that week so she only stayed over the weekend. Along with unbeatable views, the house also included three kayaks (two of them were two-seaters). Almost everyday Dad took Sam out on the water. While Hannah was staying there, he took Hannah out, too. Scott and I also got to get out there and try it out. Even my mom tried out the kayaks.
It was incredible! Since the house sat on a point, if you wanted a calm ride, you just had to head south, towards Chinaman's Hat. For the more adventurous, you could head north where the waves had their way with you. Scott and Hannah went north and they actually rode some waves (like they were surfing). Dad and I also went north as it was so much fun! (Thank God we didn't tip over!) I also had the chance to try out my new waterproof digital camera. The only problem was, I didn't realize I had to wipe off the water spots (DUH!) so a lot of my pictures had these huge blurry spots. Oh, well!
When we took Sam (and my mom) out on the kayaks we went south for the relaxing, smooth ride. It was still really fun, although Sam kept telling me to paddle faster. Mom didn't do much paddling in her kayak with Dad. (I'm not sure why she even bothered to take a paddle out there.) Dad has her so spoiled! ; ) I did notice her paddling when they were trying to steer their way back into the lagoon.
Anyway, here are some pictures of the beach house and our adventures in kayaking.
Aloha!
![]() |


2 comments:
Mija, that was great. I really liked those pics. You did a good job. Thanks for your time in doing that, we really appreciate it. I love you guys.
OMG, we had sooo much fun! I sure do miss waking up to the sound of the waves every morning. We made some beautiful memories that I will keep in my heart forever. My grandbabies truly nurture my soul and I miss them so much. God sure did provide enough of everything for us in Hawaii, didn't He?
Post a Comment