They had a bunch of little activity booths set up where you could make your own braided headband, make a lei, try Hawaiian bowling, spear throwing, as well as face painting and bookmark making. Hannah & Sam had a blast moving from booth to booth. They also had a little outrigger canoe ride around the cove that they both loved.
After the activities they had a Hula lesson that Stacey, Hannah, & I tried. (It's hard not to look completely ridiculous when trying to hula.) After that they had a little ceremony where they take the roasted pig out of the underground pit that it cooks in and talk about the history of the luau.
Then dinner was served and the entertainment on the stage began. It was a really fun night. I'm so glad my friends were able to come visit and I can't wait for them to return! BTW, the dress that Hannah is wearing was a birthday gift from Stacey. Thanks, Stacey!
Aloha!
![]() |
Oh, I almost forgot to mention... the music provided on this photo album is a recording of my very talented cousin, Gabriel. It's his rendition of Aloha 'Oe that he arranged when we moved to Hawaii. Mahalo, Gabe!


5 comments:
I rushed to see the video before I read your long explanation. I told Rudy, "that sure does sound like Gabriel playing." And he agreed with me. It sounds beautiful! Well tell me, was the food good at the luau? just curious!! How come no one took a picture of you trying to dance?
107 more days 'til I see you again. I love you.
The food was almost exactly like at the Hale Koa luau. (I'll let you draw your own conclusions about whether or not I liked it.)
You know how I am about pictures, especially candid ones. A picture of me humiliating myself in front of a crowd of strangers would NEVER make it on to my blog.
I love you, too, Mom. You're so funny with your countdown. I love it!
I'm worse than Deucie. I went completely backwards & read the comments first. Then I went, "What, Gabriel's playing?" That was so cute of you to use it there. BTW, you look so beautiful in that picture.
Did they have my favorite "pico de salmon"? I bet no one makes it quite like the Hale Koa does.
About the countdown, Gabriel & I actually took out a calculator to figure out when we'd get to see you. I know, we could have just asked. We always do things the hard way. :) Can't wait to see you!!
Believe it or not, they DID have pico de salmon! It must be a Hawaiian staple.
You crack me up, Aunt Yolanda! Sam just asked me why I'm laughing at the computer!
Aw the Hale Koa cuisine...never to be forgotten.
Those booths are so neat! We should definitely go to that luau when we visit next time. I want a tattoo! And you DO look beautiful, sissy. I love that you're including yourself in photo albums these days :)
LOL @ Aunt Yolanda! She always has me laughing.
Post a Comment