Wednesday, August 26, 2009

While they (the crazy people) were surfing, Sam played on the beach. I have a really short video clip of him playing and then mimicking something that I think he heard Scott say a little earlier. (“Those waves beat me up!”)

13 comments:

mrssanchez said...

lol does he fall down every time on purpose?

said...

Yes, he does it on purpose. He also punches himself and slaps himself. I'm hoping it's a phase. Scott says he's trying to toughen himself up and says it's "a boy thing."

Yolanda said...

What did he say Lauri? He's so cute!! I played it several times cause I really wanted to know what he said.

said...

He said, "That wave beat me up!"

Grandpa said...

Mija, I am so glad Sam likes the beach cause he looks so happy playing. I sure do miss you guys. Thanks for the video it is good to hear and see him. I guess Mija is at school right?

mrssanchez said...

lol Yeah, it's probably a phase. Both of my boys would self-inflict wounds for a while... but it didn't toughen them up. They still cry over everything. Well, Sam mostly. I think it will pass with your Sambo! He is so cute!!

said...

Hannah didn't get to go because of school. She was very mature about it, though, and said, "Oh well. At least I got to go snorkeling."

Deucie said...

He is so precious. I miss my boy so much. I just wish I could wrap my arms around him. He is such a handsome surfer.
At the end, why does he have that distressed or forlorn look?(When he's looking down with droopy shoulders)

Yolanda said...

He's so funny Janie. Isn't he just acting like he's all beat up?

Deucie said...

So do you really think he's faking that desolate look? He looks so defeated! It made me sad to see him like that.

said...

Yes, Deucie, he's faking. He just wanted to act exhausted like all of the people surfing. He saw Stacey, Jeff, & Scott coming out of the water totally run-down and he thought, "Oh, that's how I should be acting." He was having fun, I promise.

Claudia said...

Oh dear Lord, I'm over here cracking up at Mom's comments, lol. That "desolate" look, lol. Ay Deucie!

Yolanda said...

Clarabelle, that's that same look Gabriel had when he asked me to be his friend on Facebook. See why I had to let him off the hook. LOL!