Thursday, August 27, 2009

Stacey & Jeff visit Hawaii

As I mentioned yesterday, Stacey (my best friend for over a decade) and Jeff (her husband) came to Hawaii. They went to the island of Kauai and to our island, Oahu. They recently left to go back to the mainland. Their visit just seemed to fly by. We did lots of cool stuff while they were here and had a really good time. I miss ‘em already!

The first weekend they were here we rented a cabin at Bellows Beach. Hannah didn’t have school on that Friday (it was a state holiday because it was the 50th anniversary of Hawaii’s statehood) so went out to the beach on Friday. We had a really good time there chillin’ on the beach and just relaxing. I’m uploading a photo album of some pictures of Hannah & Sam having fun that weekend at Bellows.

On one of the mornings while we were at the cabin, we went to nearby Hanauma Bay to go snorkeling. That was really beautiful! A lifeguard that we met had recommended going early in the morning and I’m glad he did. Stacey, Jeff, Hannah, and I got out there at 6:30am and beat all the tourists. Scott & Sam stayed at the cabin and slept in a little. The water was so clear and the fish would just swim right up to you! Hannah had such a good time snorkeling that she keeps asking me when we’re going back. I promised we’d go soon and take Sammy with us.

I’m also posting pictures of Stacey & Jeff on the southern tip of the island at one of our lookout points as well as Scott & Sammy at that same point. The water is soooo blue that it still amazes me!

I also have a picture of us (minus Stacey because she’s the one taking the picture) at Duke’s Restaurant in Waikiki. We also went to a luau but I’ll have to post those pictures another day because I have some laundry to do right now.

Aloha!

By the way, I’m trying out a different way to display my pictures on a new (to me) photo album web site. Let me know if y’all are having trouble viewing them. Mahalo! (that means, “Thanks!”)

5 comments:

Yolanda said...

It looks so magical. I love Hawaii! Ya'll look like you're having so much fun! That's a great picture of Hannah underwater. I've also enjoyed seeing more pictures of you lately.

I do like this new picture format. Both formats are great. On this one, I like the way you can put it on slideshow and see bigger pictures.

mrssanchez said...

How fun! Isn't snorkeling awesome? The time we went to Hanauma bay, we saw so many beautiful fish and turtles. I miss it! Of course, I had fun right up until I saw a woman in a thong bikini under the water! haha. I'm glad your friends were able to go visit. That's the great part about cool military moves sometimes... gives others an excuse to go places they'd never normally get to go.

I like the new format too! Thanks so much for sharing. I love reading about the kids and reminiscing about Hawaii. Beautiful, beautiful state.

Claudia said...

Lol...thanks for sharing, Michelle. My friends are dorks.

The pictures are awesome. The water looks so calm at Hanauma Bay, maybe when we visit next time we can go because I'm sure we'll be awake at that time anyway, lol. That last picture of you is beautiful. You look spicy sistah! Love you :)

Deucie said...

Did you cut Hannah's hair? Her hair looks really short when she's wearing the pink bathing suit!
She looks like she loves the water. She's gonna miss it when y'all come back to TX.
Is this place close to Turtle Bay? It looks beautiful! I can't wait to go back to Hawaii.

said...

Hannah's hair is just in a ponytail so it wouldn't get in her way when she was snorkeling. She hasn't had a haircut in a few months.

Hanuama Bay is near that really cool lookout point I took you guys to along the coast. It's actually on the opposite side of the island as Turtle Bay, though we did go snorkeling at Turtle Bay, as well. (I just don't have any pictures from that day... not sure why.)