I haven’t been able to write much in the past few days because we’ve had a couple of friends come to visit. Stacey, my best friend, and her husband, Jeff, came to Hawaii last week and are going to be here about 1 week.
On Monday, they (by “they” I mean the crazy people- Stacey, Jeff, and Scott) decided to take a surfing lesson on Hawaii’s North Shore. I, being of sound mind, decided to stay on the shore and just take pictures and frolic with Sam in the sand.
On their first attempt at catching a wave, Stacey was able to stand up for a few seconds. I snapped a decent picture of her doing so. Then on round two, Scott was able to stand up and he rode a wave for quite a while. Also on that ill-fated second round of surfing, Jeff fell off of his surf board. After he fell in the water, his board swung around and hit him in the head, leaving him with a 2 inch gash. I have a few pictures of him getting out of the water with blood gushing down his face and then getting his head wound wrapped by the lifeguards. He later went to the hospital and received 10 stitches. (Ouch!)
After a brief break to make sure Jeff was OK, Stacey hit the waves again and I have another picture of her riding a pretty good wave.
Scott got the hang of it right away. I kind of figured he would because he’s pretty good at boogie boarding and he was very determined to learn. He has a surf board that a friend from work gave to him. He’s more determined than ever to fix it up and get back out there and try again. Here are a few pictures from their adventures in surfing.

8 comments:
Wow, tell Stacey she looks great! And I can't believe Jeff was all smiles with blood gushing down his face. That's definitely a trooper. Aside from the minor mishap, looks like fun :)
PS: I deleted my facebook. You're sad.
I was just about to tell you, via Facebook, to look at my blog.
I hope you're school is going well, Claudia.
I love you!
I love you, too sistah sistah!
School's a breeze. I'm all about it :)
OMG, they look great!! Scott looks like a professional. They all do.
Claudia, I miss you on Facebook. I know I never talk but I occasionally go there because you always cheer me up cause you're always so happy. Is our married woman little girl (or something) growing up? :)
Mija, that really looks like fun, to bad I do not see any older folks out there. They did not have surf when I was a kid you know. Love you.
Wow! Stacey does look like a pro and she looks so beautiful. Will you tell her for me when you talk to her? They look like they had a blast!! Poor Jeff
I miss you so much. 110 more days 'til we see each other again, but who's counting?
Hey Grandpa, did they have water? Just kidding. I know I'm the same age but I just couldn't resist that.
LOL!
Post a Comment