Saturday, November 7, 2009

Bishop Museum

Hannah had the day off from school yesterday so we went to one of our local museums. They have a dinosaur exhibit right now, Dinosaurs Unearthed, and Sam is crazy about dinosaurs. The exhibition was comprised of full-sized, robotic creatures as well as miniature ones. There were a couple of full-sized dinosaurs on their lawn (the T-Rex and Triceratops) and the rest were inside the building. They also had a bunch of fossils and skeletons in the exhibit. Hannah was reading all of the info on the plaques so she could probably tell you more about them than I can, but we all really enjoyed it.

Afterwards, we made a stop by the museum gift shop and they each bought a souvenir to remember the exhibit. Sam bought a stuffed dinosaur and Hannah bought a dinosaur origami kit. My mom sends them some money periodically so her “babies” can buy whatever they want without their unaccommodating mom telling them, “No!” ; ) They were so excited to each make their own purchases with their very own money. Thanks, Deucie!

Here’s a really short clip of Sam at the outdoor portion of the exhibit followed by a photo album.

Aloha!

5 comments:

Deucie said...

Hannah looks gorgeous and her hair looks beautiful; like she just stepped out of a salon. That video was way too short. I love my babies so much. I'd love to wrap my arms around them. I miss 'em so much my heart hurts.
Let's see.....39 more days!

Claudia said...

I agree, that video was such a tease! But, what little I saw, made my day. I watched it a few times just to hear his silly little "roar" again, lol. He's so cute.

And Hannah looks so beautiful with her pretty little braid and her gorgeous hair. The last picture of her is my favorite, she's the most beautiful little girl in the world. I miss them a WHOLE lot, too. I can't wait to see you guys. At least now I can say it's 'next month' :)

Grandpa said...

I sure miss those babies and it was good to hear his voice even though it was short. I really appreciate you and the pictures you take for us to see. Thanks mija.

Anonymous said...

Ah! That video was way too cute!!! Sam's little voice is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

I agree that video WAS too short but it was so sweet.

BTW, Gabriel loved that Hannah was still interested in origami.