Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Festival at the base

As I mentioned in the previous post, we took Sam to a Halloween festival at the Navy base while Hannah was spending the night at her friend’s. We were trying to occupy him and get his mind off of Hannah. He had fun, even though he kept saying he wished Hannah was there, too.

His favorite part was probably the train ride they had in the parking lot. The concession stand was a close second, followed by any of the booths that involved throwing things. Here are some pictures that I took at the festival. He wore his costume but he left the helmet off for most of the night because it kept getting in the way when he was eating… which was all night. First there was cotton candy, then snow cones, then popcorn, then… you get the idea!

9 comments:

mrssanchez said...

His face when he put his hands in those boxes! I'm surprised he'd go on to more boxes after the others freaked him out. Looks like he had fun! Sounds like he and Nick like the same things - cotton candy and train rides!

Anonymous said...

Great ideas for the little ones!
Crafty Samuel!!!
mc

Claudia said...

I just noticed that in the first picture Sam stands just like you with your knees bent back all funky! I always thought it was weird that you could do that. lol.

He's so funny with those boxes. Ew the hand one does sound creepy. Was Hannah jealous of his crafting? That would've been right up her alley.

Great pictures, sistah. Keep 'em coming :) Love you.

said...

We never told Hannah about the crafts but I don't think she would've minded. When she was telling him she was gonna spend the night at a friend's, she told him, "Maybe Mom & Dad will take you to a movie or to do something fun while I'm gone." She wanted him to have a good time, too.

I just recently noticed that Sam can stand like me! I'm so proud! ; )

Deucie said...

Thank you for taking my little man on an outing so he wouldn't be so lonely without Hannah. Did they know who Tony Romo is? I think my little man actually looks like Romo. He is so handsome.
He keeps reminding me that he's not a baby, but a man. He's funny!

said...

I was surprised that a lot of people over here DO know who Tony Romo is. They kept saying, "Look, it's Tony! Can I have a hug?" and stuff like that.

Grandpa said...

He doesn't look as happy as he does with Hannah around, but he does look happy. Its hard to see the babies without wanting to hug them, or pick them up. Tony romo wishes he was as hansome as Sam. Just saying. Duh!

said...

Dad, speaking of, "Duh," the other day I told Sam to do something and he had the nerve to tell me, "Duh!" I gave him the stink eye and before I even had the chance to say anything he said, "Uh, actually... yes, ma'am. Sorry, Mom," in a very nervous tone. I went ahead and let it slide but I think he knows not to try that again. (He better!) I wonder where he learned that word from...

Claudia said...

LOL @ Sam! Yeah, Dad definitely needs to take the credit for that. He's such a good baby. Aw, Hannah's so sweet for wanting him to have a good time. She's very selfless, just like her mama :)