For about the past 15 years, we've gone to the Trail of Lights at Zilker Park every Christmas. It was a
really big display of Christmas lights along with many different vendors, a train ride, and live performances by local musicians and dance troupes. This year, in an effort to save money to to "go green," the city of Austin decided to scale down the whole production and just do a light up Christmas tree and a few vendors sprinkled around it. On the last day of the "Zilker Tree Holiday Festival" they had a Christmas carol sing along. We decided to go on
that day because we all love to sing. Asleep at the Wheel was headlining with performances by Ruben Ramos, Shawn Colvin, and other local musicians.
We had such a good time. It was a beautiful night. Living in Hawaii, I missed the chill in the air during winter so I thought the cool weather was perfect! Deucie & Grandpa, Claudia & Bobby, and Darlene, Aaron, & Aidan all went, too. We got to eat funnel cake, drink hot chocolate, and belt out all of our favorite Christmas carols.
I made a short album of that night. I still have lots more Christmas pics so keep checking back!
By the way, in the very first picture of Sammy & Aidan, Sam was miserable because he didn't want to pose for pictures. He was ready to ride the shuttle bus over to the park. But you know me, I made him stop anyway!
3 comments:
Aw all of these pictures are great! That was a fun night. Again, we all look so happy because you guys were there with us. I can't wait to do it again next year. Love you!
Love ya, too, sis!
Lovely photo album, but too short! You miss the cold weather and Rudy and I are already so sick of it. We want to fly to Hawaii NOW!!!!
Post a Comment