As I mentioned in a previous post, Samuel's party theme was football. We all dressed in our Dallas Cowboys fan gear and Sam wore his football uniform... he insisted on wearing that. I decorated the backyard with blue and white streamers and balloons as well as with inflatable footballs. I had a hard time finding reasonably sized piñatas here, so I ended up buying a really cute (and tiny) football one that I found at a local party store. I think it was probably just supposed to be for decoration but I filled it anyway! Sammy loved it so that's all that matters.
We invited a few of our friends that have small children so there were about 7 or 8 kids, counting Hannah & Sam. Sammy really likes being the center of attention so he had a blast!
All day that day, as well as when I was putting this slideshow together, I couldn't help but remember back to when we first brought Sam home from the hospital. He was such a good baby. He was sooo serious all the time, too. We would try to "baby talk" to him and he would just look at us like we were insane. As he got older, he became the crazy little boy (I mean "Big Man") that he his today. He's got an infectious smile and a HUGE heart. I thank God for my babies everyday.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
What a beautiful video!! I had forgotten how my sweet, precious boy looked when he was a baby. Yes, we sure are blessed. God is so good. This little boy, in such a short time, has given us so much love and joy. I'm glad they had such a good time at his party. I'm really surprised the way all the children were so calmly going after the candy from the piñata. (unlike the students at my school) LOL
And you, my sweet girl, are the best daughter God ever made. I love you.
I love you, too, Mom!
Mija,talk about shaky chin. That was an awesome video and it sure brought back some very good memories. No wonder you took so long, or it seemed, to post some pictures. It was well worth the wait. I love you and thanks. Kiss and hug the babies for me.
First of all, this is really me (Yolanda) but I'm using Gabriel's computer and didn't realize he was logged on. That was such a cute video! Sammy always makes me smile. I too was surprised the way they were picking up the candy so calmly. I've never seen that before in Texas. Gabriel says he might go with me to Hawaii to visit you this summer. Love you all!
You make THE most beautiful videos. You are such an awesome mom with wonderful kids. Love you guys!
Aunt Yolanda, that would be AWESOME! We look forward to having you guys over!
M'ija, that piñata looks so simple. I'm sure you, Marta Estewart, could have made it yourself, right?
That was an awesome video. God, my baby boy has grown so much, I can't believe it. I remember when he was that chubby baby always staring at me like I was a crazy person, lol. He's so cute. He was the perfect baby. God really blessed us with your babies. I love them so much, and was crying like a baby while watching that video. Time flies way too fast. I love you sissy, and we're trying our hardest to save up to see you in May when this semester is over. I can't wait.
You're right, Deucie... I'm sure I could've made a really cute piñata! When I couldn't find a decent one, I considered making it. I felt like I didn't have enough time, though. I'll probably make the next one.
Post a Comment