Sunday, January 3, 2010

How ‘bout them Cowboys!

You should all know by now that the Dallas Cowboys are the NFC East champions. I’m so proud of them! I knew they could do it. Scott had to work today so I set the DVR to record the game so we could watch it together when he got home. While the game was recording (at 11:15am Hawaii time) I took Hannah & Sammy to the beach. We went to the beach on the Air Force Base because a) it’s the closest one to our house and b) around this time of year the waves can get kinda crazy and there are tamer waves on that side of the island so it’s safer for the kids to frolic in.

Anyway, as we were driving on base I noticed Air Force One parked on the runway. While the president is still vacationing here I guess the plane stays on base. I took a couple of pictures because I thought it was pretty cool. After all, George Bush used to ride around on it! ☺ So here are my pics of that and of the sand castle we made while at the beach. (Half of the castle started to collapse before I could get the kids to pose with it. Take my word for it, it was AWESOME!)

Air Force One Air_Force_One

Our sand castleAloha!

4 comments:

Deucie said...

WOW! I am awestruck with their castle! The babies look so happy. My boy looks a little cold. What was the temperature there yester- day?

How did you notice Air Force One with all the other planes on base? That's cool! How close did they let y'all get?

Claudia said...

I am very impressed with that castle, Loodian ;-) Looks like the kiddos got a little help from Marta Estewart. And that is so neat that you got to see Air Force One! I would love to be able to tour the inside of it just to say I've been somewhere that G.W's been :-)

Loved the pictures! Keep 'em coming!

said...

It was 81° when we got to the beach and 84° when we left (according to my car).

It was hard to miss Air Force One. It stuck out like a sore thumb on a base filled with dull gray planes. If I would've parked the car, I could've gotten as close as that fence shown in the picture. You can't really see them in the picture, but there were several Escalades as well as military- looking vehicles surrounding it with (I'm assuming) security or secret service.

Grandpa said...

Mija, those are awesome aircraft and really fitting for the President of the U.S. like Dubya. I am glad the twerps got to see them. Tell them I saw their Castle and it was awesome.