Monday, January 11, 2010

Sammy’s Birthday

cIMG_8327 Yesterday we had a small birthday party for Sam at our house. In case you couldn’t tell from the picture, the theme was football, and more specifically, the Dallas Cowboys. I, of course, made the cookies and the cake. Hannah and Sam also decorated some cookies but those didn’t make the cut to be on my platter. ;) BTW, the number 4 on the jersey cookies refers to how old Samuel is now, and not to the Cowboys field goal kicker (though the new kicker seems to be doing better).

Sammy was so excited with his party. He loves being the center of attention! I’m working on a slideshow of his party and I should have something done soon.

P.S. How ‘bout them Cowboys! (My mom, Aunt Yolanda, my sister, and her friend just got back from the Cowboys/ Eagles playoff game… I’m so jealous!)

10 comments:

Deucie said...

Oh M'ija, I love this picture. My baby looks just like Tony Romo.
I can't believe your jersey cookies!! I wouldn't have wanted to eat them. The cake looks amazing and delicious. Was everyone impressed?
Thank you for making a big deal over my little baby's birthday. He's such a good boy. He deserves it. I always thank God for my innumerable blessings. He freely gives us everything we need and more.

said...

I hate to admit it, but yes... everyone was pretty impressed. Cene said I should have my own "Ace of Cakes" show.

Claudia said...

I'd have to agree with Cene. You SHOULD have your own show or better yet, your own business! That cake was incredible!! I don't even want to begin to imagine how long it took you to decorate and make it. You're the best Mommy, Lauri. They are so blessed. I am so blessed to have you as my sister. And Sam looks so cute! He DOES look like Tony 'Romeo' as our friend from the game would call him, lol.

I love you so much & I'm anxiously waiting to see your slideshow.

Anonymous said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! I can't believe this. Everything is so perfect. I hope you saved all of this and didn't eat them. LOL! And you are so funny about their cookies not making the cut. I'm glad you explained about the "4" because, duh, I'm so silly. I was thinking that I didn't know you were such a Suisham fan. BTW, Sammy does look like Tony. I love you all!

Deucie said...

BTW, is that a necklace he's wearing? Did you make it? It looks like a string of chocolate almonds!!

Anonymous said...

That's exactly what I thought it was, chocolate almonds. I was thinking, "I want one of those".

said...

He's wearing football beads. They're like Mardi Gras beads but in the shape of little footballs. I bought them at Target. We all wore some; well, everybody that wanted to wear 'em did.

Claudia said...

BTW, I posted this picture on my facebook and EVERYONE is just raving about your creations! People were even making requests, but then they realized you live so far away. I'm telling you, girl, you could be raking in the dough!

Grandpa said...

Great birthday party for Sam Mija.
Ditto what everyone said about the cookies and the cake x2. Mijo looks like he had a blast. Thanks for all the work and the picture. I love you guys.

Deucie said...

When are you going to put Sammy's party pictures?? We're tired of waiting!